Aimee Byrd, Recovering from Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
In this episode, I talk to Aimee Byrd; author of the book, Recovering from Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. Aimee uses thematic elements from a dystopian novella, The Yellow Wallpaper, to illustrate problems with teachings on gender by the Council of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, and many protestant denominations. Her book is a call to action to Christians, and especially church leaders, to begin dialoguing about the problems she’s drawing out and what the orthodox Christian view answers actually are.
To enter the giveaway, visit mereliberty.com/016. Deadline to enter is June 6th, 2020 at midnight EST.
To support the Mere Liberty Podcast, visit mereliberty.com/membership.
Find Aimee’s work on the Mortification of Spin Podcast.
If you’re interested in purchasing her books, please use these Amazon affiliate links:
- Recovering from Biblical Manhood and Womanhood https://amzn.to/3dp0WZa
- Why Can’t We Be Friends? https://amzn.to/2XlGXFp
- No Little Women: Equipping all Women in the Household of God. https://amzn.to/2zMe8J2
- Theological Fitness: Why We Need a Fighting Faith https://amzn.to/2TXHPhh
- Housewife Theologian: How the Gospel Interrupts the Ordinary https://amzn.to/3cn3c1Y
Other Reviews of Aimee’s Book