• Podcast Subscribe •
and give a five-star rating and review so new audiences can find Mere Liberty.
Afghanistan: Ron Paul Was Right, Feminists are Wrong| Show Notes
Afghanistan – Ron Paul was Right
- started as a means of hunting down Osama bin Laden for 9/11 attacks; turned into nation building
- agreement brokered between Afghan government and Taliban
- Afghan government abandoned their post
- US evacuation and turmoil
- Ron Paul predicted all this here
- Conservative war hawks double-down
- Trump began pullout
- Interventionism is proven bad foreign policy
- We shouldn’t have gone in to begin with
- War was an insult to both the Afghan and American people
- Central planning never works.
Afghanistan – Feminists are Wrong
- Guardian article – appeal to emotion
- Women ordered by Taliban back into hijabs and burkahs
- Women need to understand the state is not the guarantor of their rights
- Women need civil governance, but not the state
- If women don’t understand who’s responsible for their freedom, then they weren’t fighting for it to begin with
- The US military didn’t bring freedom to Afghanistan; they brought US paternalism in exchange for Islamic patriarchy
- Women have the most lose under authoritarianism
- Women will never been free until we stop relying on others to protect it for us.
- This involves understanding bodily autonomy, agency, and self-defense; feminists are horribly inconsistent on this
Permission Society is the New Totalitarianism
- public health is now driven by fear, paranoia, and anxiety
- free society giving way to permission
- moving the goal posts
- when will the fully vaccinated not be considered fully vaccinated?
- can’t manage our way out of these problems
- vaccines are not the only solution; the market can provide multiple solutions
- development of antivirals is impeded by government bureaucracy.
- government is infantilizing the nation